Nov 08, 2022
Important points you need to know
- CSNS listings are included in data feeds for display on IDX and VOW websites and mobile apps, but CSNS listings are not provided to syndication sites such as CarolinaHome.com and ListHub sites, etc.
- On IDX/VOW sites, the status should be labeled either CSNS or Coming Soon-No Show.
- CSNS listings are included in auto-emails and displayed on the OneHome Client Portal.
- Listing agents are allowed to advertise CSNS listings on the Internet and social media.
- Listings under CSNS status are not “pocket listings.” All Canopy MLS subscribers can view them.
- Showings and open houses are not permitted while a listing is in CSNS status, and a violation of this policy carries a $1,000 fine. Use CSNS status when you have a signed listing agreement for a property that needs some minor updates (small repairs, new paint, flooring, etc.) before it is ready to be shown.
- Marketing and Active dates: For North Carolina, listings can be entered into the MLS as Coming Soon-No Show on the Marketing Date specified in the listing agreement and will automatically transition to Active status on the date specified under the Coming Soon checkbox option on the listing agreement. For South Carolina listings, the beginning date of the term of the listing specified in the listing agreement indicates the date when the listing can be marketed as Coming Soon-No Show, and the Active Date entered on this form below is the date when the listing will automatically transition from Coming Soon-No Show status to Active status.
- The Marketing Date can be no later than 21 days from the date the listing is submitted to the MLS under CSNS status. If the property is ready earlier than anticipated, you can change the status for your listing in Matrix.
- Listings in CSNS status must receive seller approval. Use the Canopy MLS Coming Soon-No Show seller authorization form.
- The listing doesn’t begin accruing Days on Market (DOM) until it moves to Active status.
- Price change history is tracked for CSNS listings.
- Photos are not required for CSNS listings, but a photo must be provided immediately after the listing changes to Active status.
- Appointments can be made in advance with ShowingTime for the first day of showings. ShowingTime staff has offered this guidance for listing agents:
- If the listing is activated before the date specified, the listing agent can send an announcement to the agents with pre-scheduled appointments.
- If the Marketing Date gets extended and the listing remains in Coming Soon-No Show status, the listing agent must cancel and reschedule all showing appointments before the new Marketing Date. ShowingTime will not “auto-cancel” the pre-scheduled appointments. There is a $1,000 fine to the listing agent for allowing a showing while the listing is on CSNS status.
- Listing agents who wish to withhold showing instructions in confirmation emails until showings start can make this statement in the showing instructions field: “On the day of your showing, check your ShowingTime app for access instructions or call ShowingTime.”
- If an unforeseen circumstance occurs and your listing cannot become Active as scheduled, change the status to Temporarily off Market to prevent it from becoming an Active listing.
- A listing cannot be changed to CSNS status after it has been listed under any other listing status. You’ll have to wait until 90 days have passed before you can re-list the property under the CSNS status.